Here are some more facts about Mi Gente’s amazing rise in popularity:
- On 10/10/17 at 11:21 PM EST, J. Balvin and Willy William’s video for “Mi Gente” surpassed the 1 billion views mark.
- The video reached the 1 billion views in only 102 days, becoming the 4th fastest in history to reach the milestone.
- It is the second fastest Latin video to reach the mark, with “Despacito” edging it out by only 6 days.
- Daily views on the video have reached as high as 15.1 million, averaging over 10 million over the last month.
- In addition to the original video, a remix version of “Mi Gente” featuring Beyoncé dropped on 9/27, seeing 6.7M views within 24 hours of its upload.
- This is the second video featuring J. Balvin to surpass 1 billion views, with his video “Ay Vamos” hitting the mark last year.
- “Mi Gente” is unlikely to be the last song featuring the Colombian singer to cross the 1 billion mark — his track “6 AM” featuring Farruko currently stands at 955 million views, while “Ahora Dice,” his collaborative effort with Chris Jeday, Ozuna and Arcángel, stands at 932 million views.
This incredible milestone comes quickly on the heels of another Latin success, Luis Fonsi’s Despacito which has became the most watched video of all time, showcasing the continued popularity of Latin Music on YouTube and the role the platform plays as a place for Latin Music to cross borders and reach a massive global audience.